Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is a high-frequency clock capable IO pin in ZCU106 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am working with Vivado 2018.2 targeting a ZCU106 board.

I am wondering whether there is a high-frequency clock capable IO pin available on the ZCU106 board that I can send out a 250MHz clock signal for monitoring purposes.

Preciously, in KC705, I used the USER SMA CLOCK ports (please see page 88 of here) to send out that clock signal and it was OK. But now, in ZCU106, there are USER SMA "MGT" CLOCK ports (please see page 145 of here) where we cannot use them cause they belong to the GTX Gigabit Tranceiver channels. While I tried to used them, I received a fatal error in implementation step!

Finally, is there any clock capable IO pin in ZCU106 that can handle that clock signal out for monitoring?

Thank in advance for helping me out to overcome this problem.

Bests,

Daryon

There are clock input pins, there are no 'clock output' pins. ANY io pin can be used for outputting your signal. But not sure what's available on your dev board as far as buffers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back