Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excitation of substrate integrated waveguide with taper

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuzaid10

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating a transformer using substrate integrated waveguide. The results are confirmed with an analytical solution using equations and plotted in Matlab. To get the correct results using HFSS I should use "Zwave" for the characteristic impedance (Zo) in the wave port excitation after renormalizing the full port impedance to the desired one. When I use the microstrip transition taper and apply the wave port excitation on "Zpi" or "Zpv" as we do for the microstrip case the results seem to be not what I am expecting, I got the expected results as in Matlab only when I use "Zwave". Can I use "Zwave" for exciting a microstrip port?

What makes me confused and not sure for the result of "Zwave" is that when I simulated a microstrip port with a width gives 50 ohms and draw the port impedance, I got 50 ohms for when I used "Zpi" or "Zpv", whereas "Zwave" gives me a value of 220 ohms approximately!! So what is the main difference between "Zwave" and "Zpi"?

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back