Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESC components and battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkongjong

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am about to buy a motor and esc kit and I had a few questions. I looked online for the escs and I noticed they don't label the escs. So I was wondering is there any way to figure out what the wires on the receiver are. I was wondering how do you know which wire is the signal wire and which is the ground and vin. The esc I am looking to buy has receiver that is made up of yellow, red, and brown wire. Not sure
what each wire does. Also how can you tell what lipo battery is needed for the esc. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

The datasheet for the ESC should list its detailed spec's about maximum voltage and current for it to drive a recommended motor from a recommended Li-PO that also should be listed. Of course the functions of the wires should also be shown. If the motor is brushless then it is driven with 3 wires.

The three blue wires go to the motor (if the motor runs in reverse, you need to reverse any two). The red-black pair goes to the power supply. The connector goes to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back