Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate conduction angle of Class C PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxsidou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends, I'm struggling with simulating the conduction angle of Class C AMP in ADS. When simulating in low frequencies (such as 0.5GHz), I could figure out the conductional angle from the time domain waveform of drain current. However, if raise the frequency to millimeter-wave band(such as 28GHz), the time domain waveform becomes irregular.... So how to simulate the conduction angle of Class C PA? Simulating figures could be found in the attached files. Any idea will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!View attachment conduction angle of Class C PA.pdf

So your PA is not working in Class-C anymore.Have you considered that the bias condition will be same as well ??
Absolutely not, the bias and other stuffs ( Input and Output Matching, Load-Source Pull, Harmonic Termination etc) must be optimized with respect of the frequency.
You cannot use a single circuit for whole band..

That Vgs and Vgd values ( -2,12) How do you bias your PA in actual circuit? Active or passive bias?

Simulating figures are just "ideal" Vout lines. PA design is a complicated process, and it is much harder to it Wideband without usage of switches and TLines.

A good way of simulating would include a "good model" of the circuit which you are planning to implement.

Hello BigBoss, thanks for your response and you helped a lot. As you said, Class-C PA is determined not only by bias condition, but also by input and output matching, load-source pull etc which i haven's considered. By the way, is the conduction angle of time domain signal the only way to identify the Class-C PA? thanks:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Hello ktr, thanks for your response. Yes, the simulating figures are ideal and I should design the PA considering the overall structure. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back