Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] what is the purpose of this layer over PCB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAHUL_KUMAR

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the purpose of this layer(dark yellow) over pcb? and what material is it ?

image attached DSC_0234.jpgDSC_0233.jpg

Hi,

* Mechanical protection
* moisture protection
* dirt protection

Klaus

Protection from harsh environment.

It's too peelable to be conformal coating, but I've seen designs that use beeswax or another type of wax to protect boards, and still be removable for maintenance (i.e. easy to melt with hot air rework station).

It's too peelable to be conformal coating, but I've seen designs that use beeswax or another type of wax to protect boards, and still be removable for maintenance (i.e. easy to melt with hot air rework station).

name of that material ?? or any other alternative of it for home made pcb ??

Hi,

You don´t know what it is .. but now you want to use it for home made PCB. Why?

I´d not use it ... until I see a good reason that I have to use it.

Klaus

Wax on a PCB!!!!
Its a conformal coating, I have used similar in the distant past, not all are hard and well adhered, that looks like a rubbery/silicone based one. Something like this...
As to wax of any sort on a PCB, wouldn't recommend it (under any circumstances), there are better choices.

Home made pcb generally get some problem in functioning due to moistures after some time,..and the place where i m designing the things are much humid climate...thats y we are looking for this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back