Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice sought for Java tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am an interested in learning Java by developing dirt simple programs for my smart phone (Samsung S4 running some version of Android) - or PC (Windows 10 OS). Eventually I’d like to communicate via Bluetooth to my microcontroller projects.

For now I’d like to ask for advice on tutorials that would take me through the process of setting up the SDK for developing Java apps for Android, and creating simple ‘hello world’ starter programs.

I have many years experience in C.

Welcome all suggestions, wishing everyone happy holidays, may you all be blessed.

I am an interested in learning Java by developing dirt simple programs for my smart phone
Although Android Studio has Java as the native programming language for mobile platforms, for learning purpose you might be aware that it differs from the Java used for desktop(x86) or embeeded(ARM) PCs running over Windows or Linux operational systems, not only on its libraries but also in its usability; note that the goal of the one used in Android is not portability in different operating systems, since all them run within Android. Another detail to consider is that during the end of 2017 Google has announced that they are now supporting the Kotlin programming language, quite similar to Java, and that the trend will be to gradually migrate to this new programming language for portable systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back