Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve bandwidth (BW) of serial feed microstrip array antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uri1636

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. I need to design and simulate serial feed microstrip array antenna at frequency of 120 GHz.

2. How can I improve the bandwidth (BW) of the serial feed microstrip array to 10% at least?

3. Can you attach an example?

My question is: before this 120GHz project, did you try to improve the bandwidth of other microstrip antenna array, let's say working on 2.4GHz?
Going on 120GHz without very very deep knowledge of microwave circuits, is like stepping on the driver seat of a Bugatti Chiron without a driver license.

I already improved the bandwidth of a simple microstrip patch antenna at 120GHz by parasitic element to 14%.
The bandwidth of serial elements microstrip array antenna is about of (1-3)% and I need at least 6% at a frequency of 120 GHz.
Can someone help me?

Assuming you want to stick with single layer, so no aperture coupling/etc.
1) do not use patch antenna, use other antenna elements, for example ME-dipole (using vias).
2) if you want to use patches, first try patch arrangement described in patent US20130321214 (pdf link).
3) use differential-fed patches in your array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back