Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1kW Push-Pull Converter Controller IC Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

easim

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

I'am designing 1kW push-pull converter. Design specs are below;

60VDC input
20kHz to 100khz operating frequency. ( Fixed but i could change it)
400VDC-2.5A output

I'am looking for analog controllers for this converter. So far i found TL494/TL594 controllers but these voltage mode controller. Is voltage mode control can be a problem for push-pull?

Texas has some current mode controllers like UCC28089 (actually it has lots of). Has anyone ever done this kind of project before? Could you recommend me controller?

Thanks.

I maid 1KW pushpull converter with SG3525 as a voltage controller since 2003. No problems found other than less efficiency 95%

Push pull converter's drawback is flux staircase saturation.

Traditionally, simple voltage controllers do not have a built-in feature to prevent that. This doesn't mean that people have not built successful converters, but rather that it requires significant attention to details.

A current mode controller would improve your chances of a successful design though.

Because of flux inbalance i dont want to use voltage mode controller. What i should care if i use voltage mode?

I found some current mode ics but all of them work at higher frequencies. Do you know any current mode ic for this application?

for current mode push pull, any half bridge or full bridge controller should be possible to use for pushpull......as the way the fets are driven is essentially the same......eg, one, then the other one (or pair if its a full bridge)

if the IC is close to the power converter - you may need a box, either steel or Cu soldered around it to stop the RFI getting into pin 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back