Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Stage Opamp with SC CMFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have designed a two stage opamp for use in switched capacitor applications.

I want to use Switched Cap CMFB for it - I only need the CMFB for the one stage of the opamp - is this correct - the bias voltage of the current mirror.

See attached picture - vbias in picture is vcontrol is the SC CFMB circuit and vbias of the opamp is vbias of the SC CMFB.

Is this correct ?

The "second" stage does not need a CMFB circuit - is this correct ?

Thank you.

Attachments

• FD2Stage.png
    FD2Stage.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 109
  • SCCMFB.png
    SCCMFB.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 114

The CMFB used to give a separate DC CM gain at the output. Here you are sensing second stage output (which is indeed the "main" output) and regulating "any" internal bias node on a negative feedback. That's why the CMFB is applied for the whole circuit, don't need to think about the stages individually.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

So I am indeed, correct in my assumptions, that I can use this SC CFMB in this circuit for the 2 stage opamp ?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.