Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

program or Algorithm for control of Muffle temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoalghareeb

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is control of Muffle temperature by stable temperature rate rise .
I use Atmega64 , thermocouple temperature sensor, 1800 watt heating coil (8A at 220 V AC).
The driver circuit can change the current of heating coil by Accuracy 0.08 A (in the program code the set value changes from 0 to 100).
I use codevision compiler.
let's define temperature value as (T) , temperature rate rise as (R_R), current set point as (A).
I need a simple Algorithm for rise the Muffle temperature from 500 to 900 Silesius degree by a stable rate rise ( 60 degree per minute for example)
This is my simple code , I read the temperature every 5 seconds and compare with last value . this difference must beqal to 12 (60/5 = 12 C/5_sec).
but the result was not accurate (54 for first minute , 56 for second minute ,57 for third minute ) .
Another problem if I set the Rate Rise to small value.
Code:
if (5_sec)      //this flag set  to one on every 5 seconds ( in service routine of timer1 interrupt)
        {
        5_sec=0;
        R_R = T-last_T;
        if (R_R<12) A=A-1;
        if (R_R>12) A=A+1;
        last_T=T;
        }

Have a set point ramp generator and a PID controller. Other controller types like dead beat can achieve even better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.