Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert SC16IS752 module to handle higher baud rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought several of these SC16IS752 DUART modules on Aliexpress to use with my C8051F340 projects but was dissappointed to find the crystal they came with could not handle baud rates above ~57600. So ... I bought some 29.4912 MHZ crystals swapped out the crystals.

I first used solder wick to get out most of the solder, then gently rocked the large crystal side to side until it came loose. I tested it all the way up to 460800 baud ... works fine !

ad-pic.jpg

Hi,

And what's your question, now?

Klaus

Oh ... didn't copy other half of message :(

I am really looking for readily available I2C/SPI - to - 4 UART bridges ... or small 8051/STM8/32 micro development boards with at least 4 hard ware UARTs. My searches haven't turned up anything. Does anyone know of any ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

What I did:
* opened farnell.com in the browser
* did a search for UART
* selected the interfaces chips
* selected "4 UARTs"
And found MAX14830.....and many others within one minute

What did you so far?

Klaus

Ohhhh Bless you sir, bless you.

And the MAIN POINT .... development boards ????

Status
Not open for further replies.