Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xl6009 strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy707

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
has been experimenting with xl6009 module, so suddenly the xl6009 started to take 0.8A at no load and was getting hot, the schottky came off the board due to heat and found that it's short, so have replaced it with IN5822 , replaced output capacitor also with general electrolyte capacitor, 0.06ESR, now the module not able to buck only boost, buck goes down by 0.5v and nothing more at input of 10v, think the chip is gone ? , or internal mosfet gone in xl6009

- - - Updated - - -

looks like bug in this board, the thread is showing closed , after clicking on notifications

It's impossible to answer the question without knowing the actual XL6009 application circuit.

sorry my bad , i think what i have is only boost module, this is what i have , nothing related to application just checking voltage regulation range.

converter-dec2.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61a2WgTRxhL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes according to component count it's boost only. So the module is just performing well now?

yes, it's working well now, the in5822 definitely running at lower temp at 2amp load output, pulling 20W at input 10v 2amp delivering 18.5W 13.6v output. , output capacitor after changing, its running very cool compared to original one, not sure it is better one or because it is bigger size 3x size, able to radiate more heat, not sure. i was trying to build a dc ups, at 12v 1.5amp max continues load. from a 3x lithium, 2x lithium i doubt possible using single ic type converters.

Hi,

not sure it is better one or because it is bigger size 3x size,
Don't judge a capacitor (or any other device) by it's size.
Every electronic part has a datasheet... just read it.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.