Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST antenna and cosimulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

2mmm2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I simulate a 1 port dipole antenna in CST, I generate a .s1p touchstone file and I import it as a data item in a schematic of Keysight ADS. In ADS I connect the only port I have to a transistor, and I would like to 'radiate' or feed my antenna with some power coming from a power/voltage generator for example in order to emulate the situation when the antenna is receiving (thevening equivalent of a receiving antenna). Since I have only one port (where I connect the semiconductor device model), is it correct and reasonable to connect the generator to the reference pin of the data item in ads (which is usually grounded)?

Also, what should it be a better way to emulate a receiving antenna? should I use another antenna to radiate to the dipole in CST? and then obtain a 2 port touchstone file to use in ADS? in this case which is a proper way to do so in CST?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back