Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Display 20x2 Cursor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nis2311

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am familiar in 16x2 LCD Display. Now i changing LCD Display from 16x2 to 20x2.Characters are displaying fine but, I am facing some problems are following:-

1. In 16 x 2 LCD Display if i use 0x80 command means, the cursor will go to first line , first position. If I try 0x82 means first line third position will cursor will set.
2. Same thing like if i use 0xC0 command means, the cursor will go to Second line , first position. If I try 0xC5 means second line sixth position will cursor will set.

These are commands are followed in 16x2 display. I tried same thing in 12x2 display, is not working. Help me to solve this problem.

Hi,

did you read the display and/or controller datasheet about how to set cursor position?

afaik this is different on different display resolutions.

Klaus

Try

row1 addresses 0x80 to 0x93
row2 adresses 0xC0 to 0xD3

You didn't manage to tell exactly how control of 20x2 display fails.
- Is the display initialized for two lines (equal background intensity)
- Can you access the first line cursor positions
- Besides correct addressing, can you output any data

As already mentioned, second line address offset can be different. But if you fail to write to the display at all, there's probably a more basic fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.