Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring RGB LED FAN/strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberctrl

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
can someone please help me with the wiring of this RGB LED fan? How to figure out the four pins for the LED lighting? How many volts and amperes?
Any hint appreciated.
many thanks
IMG_3684_CS.jpg

Hi,

are you aware that we just see a couple of wires and a connector and a fan....

...and we don´t see:
* the LED strip
* the connections to the LED strip
* the type and manufacturer of the LED strip
* or any information to give us the chance to answer your question.

It´s like showing a picture of a tyre and asking what type of fuel the car needs. Don´t you agree?

Dont get me wrong: I want to help, but it´s impossible.

Klaus

Hi,

many thanks for the response. You are absolutely right but I got this fan out of a PC case and I don't know where to start. I was hoping there are some standard things about them but I can't find schematics online. I also don't have any other info but I wired PIN2 (12V) and PIN4(GND) and got this funny looking light scheme. I just want to get all the LEDs with white color. Any hints how to continue?

many thanks

IMG_3690_CS.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

Hi,

I'm guessing the lighting set-up may be a little complex to figure out, and may/will certainly need an MCU or something programmable. ...Rather you than me... I didn't even know these things existed. I found this, if it helps to get started: COUGAR RGB HPB120 COOLING KIT
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back