Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of current to voltage levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkarthik

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
As a part of my project now I need to design a circuit which converts 60UA to logic 0 and 40UA to logic 1 .Please help me out.

Thanks in advance ,
Regards
Karthik

Hi Karthik,
You can convert this current to voltage and use a voltage comparator

Set reference voltage of comparator 2V (it means 40uA source connect to ground through 50K resistor 40uA x 50K = 2V)
In this condition you can get one option below 40uA or above 40uA Comparater.png

You can also use TIA ( TransImpedance Amplifier) that is available from many manufacturer.
Look at Photodiode Amplifier for FTTH CATV networks too..You can arrange the Gain according to your requirement.

So do you want it to stay in its previous state until it reaches the trip level?
If so, then you could use a comparator, as smijesh suggested, with a 20uA hysteresis.

What is the source impedance and voltage capability of the current signal source?

Status
Not open for further replies.