Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whirlpool topload washer motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Image (1).jpgImage (2).jpg

This is whirlpool topload washing machine's motor.I have to make an external testing wire for this motor to test agitation,draining water and to spin.I searched and found looping yellow/white and red/blue for spin...This looping connected to 230VAC.Instead of yellow I connected Orange wire...While trying this wiring the main MCB tripped.I tried with several motors but MCB tripped always.

Please provide connection details to check agitation,draining water and to spin.

'MCB' = main circuit breaker?
Or ground fault interrupter? The GFI is in the wall outlet (in the US anyway). It trips if it detects even a small difference in current going to & from the appliance. It's likely your test wire drew away current.

Or else your test wire drew several Amperes? Then it tripped a circuit breaker in the breaker box.

Does the motor run at any time in the machine cycle? If so then the problem could be in the controller.

Do you have a schematic? It makes the job easier although the diagram inside appliances doesn't usually contain enough detail for me to repair it.

Your photographs show several wires around the motor. It is interdependent on the controller and transmission. The cycle goes on 15 to 30 minutes. This makes it time-consuming and tedious to diagnose a problem in a washing machine.

it is better to provide more details on the motor in question .
(others may have the details.)
did you have traced the wiring to internal motor parts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back