Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Do you know sth about Remote LED sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangyunmei

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It's been 20 years since I'd done anything with electronics but it's like riding a bicycle
I just bought a cheap alarm system that has an LED showing when it's armed on the central unit, which is locked away in a cabinet. We need a remote display for the LED so that we can see the status from outside.
I'd prefer to modify an existing product to save time (doorbell, moisture sensor, etc.)
I think I'll need to clip the LED leads and solder a relay instead. When the relay is closed, send a signal via transmitter to the receiver outside, which has an LED or some other indicator.
The outside unit does not need to be weathertight.

Re: Do you know sth about Remote LED sensor

I'd prefer to modify an existing product to save time (doorbell, moisture sensor, etc.)

There is the storebought remote doorbell. It has a pushbutton which you mount next to a door. It contains a battery powered transmitter which sends a radio signal when pushed.
The receiver is plugged into a wall. It makes a chime sound when it receives the radio signal.

For the pushbutton unit you must re-wire it to activate when it detects light from the led in your alarm system. Also install a power supply.

For the chime unit you must wire in an led. Disable the chime.

I suppose the transmitter sends its signal just once per button press. Therefore you may need to contrive a repeating timer to send a signal every few seconds while it detects the alarm system is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back