Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] DC DC buck Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangyunmei

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody,
I am Working on DC DC Buck converter. I need to connect a RFID module which works on 3v/500mah to a battery varies from 10v to 42v/15 Amps. I have browsed the web but i can't get any related documents or circuits, I am totally confused, Please help me in this. How to step down a 600w to 1.5w DC DC buck converter circuit.

Hi,

Stepping down from 600W to 1.5W would mean that you want to dissipate 598.5W. We know that is not what you want but we can't help you because we can't make out what you meant to write. You need to revise what you wrote so we understand.

Suspicious math Akanimo!

Dropping to 3V from 10V at 0.5A = 3.5W
Dropping to 3V from 42V at 0.5A = 19.5W

and that is the worst case assuming a linear regulator. There are many devices that will drop and regulate the voltage efficiently, even the humble MC34063 can do it but it does have a maximum input voltage of 40V.

Brian.

I didn't even notice it's a banned account. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.