Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send push notification data of electrical switch to ESP8266

Status
Not open for further replies.

reco77

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to use wireless wet contact transmitter to connect with all the electrical switches and send the signal whether the switch is on or off to esp8266 with a gateway which receives the data of wireless transmitter, But need some suggestion about how can I send the signal to the the wireless transmitter ? Do I have to create the separate circuit ? if yes then the leads on the process and circuit suggestion will be a great help.

It depends on the isolation you need to achieve but basically, pick the signals up on the ESP8266 port pins, establish contact with a host network controller and send the port data.

So in answer to your question - yes you almost certainly have to build the interface because the ESP8266 will only tolerate 3.3V NON-isolated signals but once you have read the switches the sending part is easy.

Brian.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply can you suggest any isolated circuit which can easily connected with the gateway receiver which receives the data from wireless wet contact transmitter?

The ESP8266 is not compatible with the gateway receiver in your link.
The link uses Zigbee and the ESP8266 uses WiFi, they are not able to talk to each other directly.

Brian.

Couldn't it be possible to receive the data from zigbee receiver by connecting TX pin of zigbee with RX pin of ESP8266 and RX pin of Zigbee with TX pin of ESP8266?

Yes, you can do that but all you have created is a Zigbee to WiFi bridge. If you want to connect a switch to Wifi why not connect it directly to an ESP8266 and forget the Zigbee altogether.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back