Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with circuit (led's flash brighter to music beat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangyunmei

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to make a circuit which would make my LED's glow as per the music beats.
The circuit pretty much helped me and I was successful. But the problem here is that
My LED are not glowing so bright and I hardly see them on full intensity,.
I used a +12V power supply as the input and TIP31C transistor as shown in the ckt diagram.. I guess an op-amp is needed in order to boost up the power of led.
P.S- the LED's I'm using is a 1meter LED strip (LM3258)
And for the help, I need the best way to add a op-amp without messing up my circuit as I already made it on PCB and really look forward to make this circuit work.
Thank You for your time,
Regards

Hi,

I used a +12V power supply as the input and TIP31C transistor as shown in the ckt diagram.

Have you posted the schematic with invisible ink or is in another thread somewhere?

A schematic would certainly help but this sounds like a re-incarnation of the TIP31 driven from a loudspeaker output design which always was useless.
Check the "similar threads" below for "anyone has idea?(LED flashes on music and without music to stay turned on)".

It will never work well.

Brian.

I am trying to get a 12V LED [moderator action: removed link] strip to blink to the beat of my sub woofers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.