Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice model for gm/id methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhorik21

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I begin to learn the Gm/Id Methodology for analog circuit design and i have bsim3v3 spice model. Can i use it for gm/id or i need more advanced models?

The gm/Id methodology should be model independent but some models (eg: BISM3) are predicting the gm/iD characteristic not correctly. I would recommend further reading:

P.G.A. Jespers; 'The gm/ID Design Methodology for CMOS Analog Low Power Integrated Circuits'; ISBN: 978-0-387-47100-6
D. Stefanovic and M. Kayal 'Structured Analog CMOS Design', ISBN: 978-1-4020-8572-7
D.M. Binkley; 'Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design', ISBN: 978-0-470-03136-0
C. Enz, E. Vittoz; 'Charge-Based MOS Transistor Modeling: The EKV Model for Low-Power and RF IC Design'; ISBN:0-470-85541-X

I begin to learn the Gm/Id Methodology for analog circuit design and i have bsim3v3 spice model. Can i use it for gm/id or i need more advanced models?

For learning purpose, I think it doesn't really matter which spice models you use. BSIM3v3 spice models are fine for getting acquainted with the gm/Id methodology.

Status
Not open for further replies.