Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I eliminate this spike like noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

As already mentioned: your photos don't show the wiring.
Thus: For me it's impossible to give a recommendation.

Maybe modify the placement if the components to cut the loop.

Btw: your single ended signals are not useful for lengthy wiring in industrial environment .... as you see

Klaus

Klaus thanks,

Analog inputs of the DAQ are differential input modules.

But the Arduino output is single ended of course.

How about converting the Arduino output to differential output by an RS485 module? Would that be possible solution?

I mean:

Arduino --> RS485 --> DAQ's digital input

What do you think?

We are still waiting for an answer to what is "DAQ board upset". In other words, we don't know what the actual problem is.

We are still waiting for an answer to what is "DAQ board upset". In other words, we don't know what the actual problem is.

I dont know, I didnt design the DAQ board. And when I asked the error code to the manufacturer it didnt help. That's why I only know the reason is the interference the rest is unknown yet. All is that the DAQ stops functioning.

"Stop functioning" is more likely a problem of the digital controller or may be simple USB connection loss caused by ground common mode interferences than anything related to input signal spikes. You can try by disconnecting the hot signal line and keeping the ground.

"Stop functioning" is more likely a problem of the digital controller or may be simple USB connection loss caused by ground common mode interferences than anything related to input signal spikes. You can try by disconnecting the hot signal line and keeping the ground.

Thanks I guess what you mean is to check if the problem is due to CM noise and bouncing ground .
If that is the case, would an opto coupler between the Arduino's signal output and the DAQ digital input help?

Hi,

If that is the case, would an opto coupler between the Arduino's signal output and the DAQ digital input help?
An optocoupler will brake the GND loop, thus it may solve the problem.

Mind to use twisted pairs for the lengthy wires to the ootocoupler....to reduce induced noise.

Klaus

Opto coupler to cut the digital ground connection, sure. My doubt is, there may be problems with other lines if the interferences are strong enough.

Hi,

I agree. The break of GND is no guarantee for a solution to the problem.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.