Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADV7403 I2C Even Registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeedh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I am trying to read and write data on ADV7403 decoder IC on my designed board. I have been through almost all questions regarding I2C bus with ADV7403 but my problem still remains there. Actually the even addresses of all the chip can be read and write and are accessible, but whenever I try to write or read data from odd registers, the bus stuck. In writing it stuck on data acknowledge and doesn't give it. It gives the address acknowledge and sub address acknowledge. My code is working fine as I have tested it on many other devices. Power rails are checked with reset settings. Problem is only the odd addresses aren't responding and I have checked and verified on Oscillioscope as well. Both even and off cycles looks same.

Pull up values are 4.7kohm. Kindly help me as I am stuck in it.

1) SDA1 and SDA2 and SCK1 and SCK2 are tied together.

2) SDA and SCK are connected accordingly

3) Reset is in high state

4) I can write data on even registers and all acknowledgements are received back accordingly. Whenever I try to write on odd addresses or read them, the master doesn't receive the data acknowledge, though it receives the deice address and device sub address

5) Code in FPGA is working fine as I have implemented the same code on one of the EVAL-Kit of ADV7403 and it does all the operations. The schematic looks fine as i have used the referenced schematic to follow.

6) It makes sense to me if the device doesn't reply me from the start, but how is it even possible that half of the addresses works completely fine and the other half stuck in between.

7) I have tried different speed for the bus but still the response is same.

Thanks

Hi,

With all you write you say everything is correct, but you don't give us a chance to verify all this.

How do you think we can help you?

For sure you know that we can verify code, scope pictures, wiring,... only if you post it.

Klaus

Dear Sir,

If I send you the pictures of ChipScope Pro from Xilinx software, would it be fine?
I can rest assure you that the oscilloscope has 99 percent same results, but a little bit of under and overshoot that again lies under the device and standard limits.
I am sharing Chipscope images with description in a while.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.