Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with understanding wiring requirements of a transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

doncarlosalbatros

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In this pressure transducer manual the following instructions are given:

kXb5h.png

Do they mean that the excitation negative terminal should be separate with the output signal's ground? And the shield is connected to the excitation negative terminal? Is my way of wiring correct below?:

bNgxr.png

The transducer does not work when I connect -Exc and -out together. The datasheet says there must be one ground but when I ground -Exc and -out it doesn't work. Am I misunderstanding something? Should the -Exv and -out be NOT connected?

Can someone help me to understand this? Mine is version 239 and 0 to 10 VDC voltage output. I use 24V single power supply.

when I ground -Exc and -out it doesn't work
That's what the quoted manual snippet says. You may ground either -Exec or -Out but not both.

In other words, either the power supply must be floating or the signal amplifier expose a differential input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back