Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load Management System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qasim1991

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am looking to design an energy management system using microcontrollers. Essentially, I have to control 10 GPOs (9 two gang, and 1 four gang GPO) per house, and there are 20 houses (this means total 200 GPOs).
I need to measure the power flowing through them, as well as their state (on/off), and report this to the MASTER/Central MCU, which will not just be getting data from the 200 GPOs, but also from the Victron Server (via Modbus preferably). Based on the data received, I want to control each GPO (control whether it stays on, or should be turned off). The following diagrams can explain this better: LA_EMS.PNGLA-ems-20.PNGLA-ems-1.PNG

So, I am looking for a MCU which can communicate via Modbus, as well as via internet wirelessly, and via wire. Are there any similar designs available? More importantly, which MCUs will be the best choice for this project?

If anyone recons that there can be a better solution that using MCUs for this project, kindly suggest that too.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back