Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coaxial feed loop antenna in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycwu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I got a question about my coaxial feed loop antenna design in HFSS. My setup is as listed:
1 Wave port excitation, 50ohm normalization with integral line
2.one end of loop is connected to the center pin while the other end to the outer jacket of cable
3. The S11 is weird, and the Jsf plot shows that the energy doesn't go to the loop part

I don't know where I got wrong, any help or comments are appreciated. Thank you!

All.jpg
Jsf.jpg
S11.png

Your cable impedance is 50 Ohm, port impedance is 50 Ohm likely and impedance of your antenna is small ohms of fraction of ohm. Mismatch, energy does not go into antenna.

Question is why you designed the antenna far from 50 ohm impedance? Plotting S11 magnitude hides important information, you better plot complex S11 or Z11 to see the actual antenna impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back