Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode ESD IO with proper size

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the diode based EDS IO, what is a good size?

TSMC180 process. For building each diode, there are total 3 figures for each diode. In each figure, the length is 30um and the width is 2um. Is the size enough to bear 2K HBM ESD test? Thanks.

What's the difference between these 3? Should have a low series resistance.

I think the size of 60µm2 is quite sufficient for the 2kV HBM ESD test.

They are three same figures, so the total area is 2*30*3=180 µm2. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Some the transistor based diode ( the gate is short to source) ESD has more than 400 µm2 area. The 400 µm2 built with transistor based diode is much larger than 60 µm2 built with simple diode(built with the diffusion and p+ and n+, without poly gate) .

Whether the ESD capability of the transistor based diode ESD IO is worse than the simple diode ESD IO? Thanks.

Whether the ESD capability of the transistor based diode ESD IO is worse than the simple diode ESD IO? Thanks.
There may be more ESD jeopardy than the 2kV HBM test: other possible ES sources could intrude with more energy, albeit less voltage. Transistor based ESD "diodes" limit their surge current, however could tolerate higher discharge energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back