Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso Space Based Router (VSR) Routing Methodology

Status
Not open for further replies.

frasheed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My question is maybe not too relevant for this section (kind of off-topic) but I am very much interested in understanding how does VSR is very fast to route big layouts?. Typically a router is combination of shortest path algorithms and some design constraints. For shortest path between pins typically the algorithm has to traverse through the nodes of graph (coordinates of maze/grid) and based in the step size these nodes could be 100 Million to 1 Billion for bigger circuits. How does VSR can traverse through these nodes and solve the big circuits and reasonable time?. Is is because the grid/maze is hard coded in the virtuoso layout suits and all shortest paths are also saved ?.
I was trying to write my own router but for bigger layouts I realized my router has become much slower because of Millions of graph nodes. I am very much interested in understanding the engineering behind this router.

P.S: I hope I am not asking something which shouldn't be shared on a public forum

Status
Not open for further replies.