Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cadence Spectre cannot read library model files

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhanxin319

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Recently I am using Cadence Spectre Version 16.1.0 to simulate a netlist in command line. However, I met the error when reading the library model file:
Reading file: /home/grads/z/zhanxin/PowerDeliveryNetwork/IBM_90nm_models/IBM_PDK/cmos9sf/V2.2.0.1IBM/Spectre/models/design.scs

Fatal error found by spectre during circuit read-in.
FATAL (SFE-867): Unable to open the file `/home/grads/z/zhanxin/PowerDeliveryNetwork/IBM_90nm_models/IBM_PDK/cmos9sf/V2.2.0.1IBM/Spectre/models/design.scs'.

That circuit library file (design.scs) could be accessed via vim, so this excludes the possibility of path error. Is there anyone having experiences about how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!
Xin

The file format could be broken due to editor. Because some text editors may add some extra hidden characters into file and Cadence Spectre sees those characters even they are not visible.
I lived a problem with a model card file once due to a small "point". Check this out..

It seems that the 32-bit Spectre was started by default, which cause a file loading issue on a 64-bit machine. It is fixed by adding '-64' option.. Thank you guys anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back