Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is V.11 and RS422 the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a bit confused on the relationship between RS422 and V.11 and hope someone may share some light.
Documentation i find says they are "essential" the same, Thats a bit vague. I guess it means they are interchangeable OR maybe two names of same thing.??
Also I thought V.11 was 120R impedance, for most RS422 applications I have seen/used they use 100R. 120 vs 100 will affect signal integrity on longer cables if used in the same setup.

So I guess that my basic question is : May I use RS422 drivers to interface V.11 ??

I will interface some old lab-equipment that has the RS449 standard cable connector which I believe specifies V.11 . But some documentation says RS422.
Hence, I get confused.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

For the records, plan to use the 26c31 and 26c32 buffers to accomplish the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.