Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[No title]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehdimolu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hardware(rtl)/software co-simulation

Hi,
I had recently started learning Verilog and implementing DSP algorithm. I am now proceeding with using ARM cores in the design and designing a system where DSP blocks and cpu core interact. However, I have problem with doing simulations. For pure Verilog designs, I used iverilog/gtkwave/matlab to verify my designs, however, when I add a cpu core and write an embedded c code, I don’t know how to simulate it in my PC. I have a microzed board that I can do hardware in loop simulations with help of Vivado, however, my design is bigger than microzed, so I want to do simulations on my PC.

My question is what tools/softwares are available that can handle hardware(CPU and DSP)/software co-simulation on PC?

I would appreciate it if someone could answer my question.

Many thanks

Re: hardware(rtl)/software co-simulation

Check QEMU if it suits your need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back