Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do transform the inductor (passive element) into transistor (CMOS) based

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinhui

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, everyone.

I am new in designing a band pass filter with LC circuit. Now i would like to transform the LC lumped element circuit into the CMOS-based transistor circuit. What is the method that suitable for me to convert the LC circuit into CMOS transistor circuit? Is it any calculation required?

The image i attached in below is my filter circuit in LC lumped elements, hope you guys can refer.
Capture.JPG

This filter cannot be transformed onto CMOS equivalent, it's too complicated.( it has many drawbacks in term of layout and you can almost never obtain a good result due to complicated structures and couplings ). Instead, you should consider "Distributed Type Filters".

Is it impossible for me to build UWB bandpass filter in transistor form? (ignore the lumped element circuit)

It's apparently an elliptic filter with wide pass band and steep transitions, apart from the question if it's a reasonable LC implementation, an active filter will better use separate high and low pass functions. Instead of "transforming" the LC circuit, you'll design a suitable active filter topology. Not sure if the sharp characteristic can be implemented in silicon, particularly considering tolerances and parameter drift.

bp.PNG

Is it impossible for me to build UWB bandpass filter in transistor form? (ignore the lumped element circuit)

What does it mean "transistor form " ?? Did you mean "Active Filter" ??
I don't think that this filter who works at 3.8GHz can be realized as Active Filter.In fact, there are some academical works on the subject but they don't seem feasible and consistent.
If the substrate has high di-electric coefficient , this filter can be realized with distributed elements.It will occupy lesser area, more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back