Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC TEA2025B Audio Circuit works at lowest 4Volt Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansmann

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found a very useful and simple audio amplifier in a usb/fm player that operates at even 4 voltage supply. I searched the circuit in market, but not found. Then I made its complete circuit diagram with all component detail and designed it as an interesting animated video. Although this circuit is Mono not Stereo, even then somebody may find it very useful and worthwhile. Its sound quality is also very clear and enough loud. In this video I made this circuit with all input-output connections in very neat and clean form.

If somebody knows about a (low voltage) audio circuit better than this, please let make me aware of it.

Thumbnail-1.jpg - | - USB-Front.png

The TEA2025B is obsolete and not made anymore. The largest electronic parts distributor in North America (Digikey) has none.

EDIT: I forgot. The PAM8408 class-D bridged stereo amplifier is modern, produces much more power PER CHANNEL than the obsolete class-AB amplifier and idles with much less current.
The PAM8403 with a 5V supply produces 3.2W into 4 ohms per channel with 10% distortion or 2.5% distortion with 1% distortion. With a 3.6V supply its output power is 1.6W with 5V and 10% distortion or 1.3W with 1% distortion.
Into 8 ohms per channel its output is 1.8W at 10% distortion or 0.72W at 1% distortion.
Its datasheet also shows its output power with a 3.2V supply. Its supply can be 2.5V to 5.5V.
Like most modern ICs it is only available in a surface mount package.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.