Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck Converter for 96V to 60V

Status
Not open for further replies.

tej7499

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to design a buck converter where

vOUT=60V
vIN=96V

ILOAD is what is required to drive a comparator IC whose inputs are
a reference voltage 96V and buck converter output (both
suitably reduced)

How do I choose the components for the Buck Convertor circuit?
Any help is appreciated

The inductor needs to be rated to carry higher current than your load. That is, the saturation parameter. The amount might be from 110% to 200%, depending on the peak level of your Ampere waveform.

Usually some frequency and duty cycle can be found so that you get desired output from the inductor. This assumes it can carry sufficient current for your load.

20 kHz is a reasonable frequency. It is above the range of human hearing. It does not need unusually fast components.

I have given you here an ltspice sim of a buck converter for 20w, 96 to 60v. I made it in dcm so you dont need slope compensation.
It could help you get your head around it.
Ltspice is free from linear.com
Convert it to .asc type and run

If you tell the power level i can refine it for you.

Attachments

• buck_current mode_96 to 60v.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 63

KlausSt
I checked the website and entered the parameters required and got only one result it was the LTC3639. After seeing the datasheet it might work for the buck converter I am trying to make

Last edited:

Hi,

This is nonsense.

Which parameters exactly did you input?
I get several devices. And there are additionally "non micropower" buck converters.

--> do a little research on your own. At the AD web site and other manufacturers, like recommended.

LTC3639:
I assume you did not read the datasheet.

Fist page FEATURES list:
" Wide Output Range: 0.8V to VIN"

sections
"Output Voltage Programming"
"40V to 150V Input to 36V/100mA Output with 25mA Input Current Limit"

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.