Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto Cut Circuit Wiring Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansmann

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Myself Manohar Meena. No need to tell anybody that over voltage auto cut circuit is very useful. Not only in stabilizers, we can use it in any power supply given to our expensive appliances to protect them from high voltage danger. I think we should use it to protect our complete house supply. Here I presented the circuit's connection in very interesting and comprehensive way in the following video.

AutoCut Circuit face.jpg ||| AutoCut Circuit-2.jpg ||| AutoCut Circuit face-1.jpg

Most of us have electricity that is very reliable so it almost never is cutoff, and its voltage and frequency are regulated by the electricity company.
So we do not need your voltage stabilizer with auto cut.

From what I can make out without a schematic, this looks to be a simple relay driver with the bias taken from a potentiometer across the supply. If I'm right, it will have a linear region at operating point which risks damaging the relay. It should have an abrupt action and hysteresis to work properly.

Audioguru - wait until the invasion from the south :-?

Brian.

Unlike in some countries that have millions of people climbing electricity poles and hooking up their own wires to steal electricity, Canadian electricity lines are underground where the thieves cannot tamper with them. But instead the southern invaders will steal our welfare funding and healthcare.

What kind of invasion you are talking about?

Just a joke Ansmann, the country south of where Audioguru lives seems a little hostile around it's borders at the moment! This isn't the place to discuss politics though.

Brian.

OK Betwixt, nice joke. Sometimes information get communicated through jokes as like this.
...Thanks

Most of us have electricity that is very reliable so it almost never is cutoff...

You are one of the blessed few. I suspect that you are perhaps a minority.

My power went off twice today while I was reviewing a manuscript. I was irritated but took it in my own stride.

I have an UPS but the battery needs replacement (and anyway it does not provide protection for more than a few minutes).

I have connected an inverter to the TV- that provides greater entertainment.

But the bill comes very regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back