Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] the circuit of the LM358

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynix

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently my boss asked me to make some circuits of the LM358. However, I have no idea about it, so I just surfed it in the Internet, and as a consequence I looked a lot of passages about it, like 24 Classical Circuits Composed by the Two-way Universal Operational Amplifier LM358. There are many other passages like this, in fact I don't know which one is suitable for me or which one is better. So here could you please give me some advice to help me to choose?
Thanks in advance for your help.
-Jane

Hello,
Choosing an op-amp requires matching your project needs to the op-amp specifications. Here are some basic criteria:
- Power supply.
- Frequency, slew rate, bandwidth..
- Inputs: Input Impedance, Input Bias current, Offset Voltage, offset Current...
- outputs: Signal Voltage gain in dB, Max Output Power, max Output Voltage...

and don't forget the Cost!

So here could you please give me some advice to help me to choose?

It isn't clear if you want help to choose a device, or if you want help to design a circuit around the LM358.
What is the requirements for the circuit/circuits?

The LM358 is an antique. Why would your boss 'ask you to make some circuits' with it? What circuits? Amplifiers? Precision rectifiers? This is all pretty vague...

The lousy old LM358 is horrible for audio because it has crossover distortion, noise (hiss) and poor high frequency slew rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.