Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Dual Colour LED Chaser Circuit Using NOT gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitspedia

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One colour of all LED remain fix and second colour of all LEDs in running mode one by one. This gives a very cool and interesting visual lighting effect. circuit is simple and no used any microcontroller .

In this LED blinker circuit 1 ic and 1 CD4017 used to produce counting output. 2 NOT GATE inverter IC used to Change the supply alternate For changing colour of LED by inverting the input supply on LED.
bicolor-led-flasher-circuit-diagram.jpg

555 timer ic is used to create random clocked pulse signal for the changing the output through counter ic 4017. As you know that when the pulse signal at input pin 14 of ic 4017 get then according to each clock pulse changing , the output is on (High)one by one . The output of 4017 is starting from pin 3 (output 0), pin 2 (output 1), pin 4(output 2), pin 7 (output 3) and so on upto pin 11 (output 9 ).

All output of 4017 ic connected with NOT GATE inverter input and output of all inverter input is also connected with second pin of bicolour led. Not gate inverter is the logic that changed the signal from High to Low or Low to High. More circuits

Here Low means negative or 0 and High means positive or 1.

Gif
Click For more detail

Moderators received complaints from Edaboard users that the circuit doesn't work.
It does not work since the 100 ohm resistors on the outputs of the ordinary CD4017 short the outputs to ground since the supply is only 5V then the output high current of the CD4017 is very low.

I just realized that this thread has the answer option disabled due to a technical forum problem. We'll try to fix it.

Show DIY not being able to reply problem

Why does this forum allow somebody to post a project "Dual Color LED Chaser Circuit" in Show DIY that is designed wrong and does not allow a reply to it?
I would like to discuss problems with this defective circuit with my peers and how to correct them. The author might learn about it.

Re: Show DIY not being able to reply problem

The respective thread was previously moved by a moderator to the "Show DIY" - no posting sub forum, I presume because it seems more like blog advertising than original Edaboard contribution. But I agree that this post needs correction.

I notice that a few other projects on the "blog" where this project came from also have technical problems. I tried to reply there to theproblems but my reply is asked for a "website" that I do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back