Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorial for C/C++ programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahripon19

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know how to use leap year program in c or C++ with my FPGA.
I already know those languages but i have no idea how to use them to control my hardware. I know that there is a file called "system.h" in which there is plenty of information about the components, but i really don't know how to use them.

I'm looking for something quite simple, indeed this is for my student project which is not suppose to be very complicated. I only need to know the basics (but not too basic :D).

Does anyone have any tutorial or information to help me ?

Thank you !

Hello,

to program device in C/C++ you need a processor. You have written that you are going to program FPGA device, but you've written nothig about your hardware (the FPGA board type and vendor). You can use either hard-processor (for example some kind of ARM CPU in SoCs) of soft-processor like "Microblaze" or "NOISII". Depending on your hardware platform (FPGA from Xilinx or Intel) there are different tutorials how to program these platforms in C/C++ language.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.