Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Swap N&P in analog diff pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UStralian

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing an amplifier board that takes in a low level single ended analog signal, goes through a balun, then to a differential amplifier then out to an ADC. The differential amplifier is an ADL5205 dual-channel amp which has its channels mirrored - ie the pin order on the input and output side is N-P-P-N. This order means the orientation of my baluns is problematic, and the routing to the ADC connector is also twisted. I can get the signals there without crossing layers (just), but I can't length match them without huge accordions. Is there any reason I can't just swap the N and P signals on both sides of the differential amplifier? They're AC coupled on both sides.

Can't you swap the pins on the input of the balun? Or, fix the polarity in software? If you swap both input and output pins aren't you back where you started?

Yep, that's the point - I want to be. I don't want to change the polarity of the signal as it hits the adc, just fix the routing so I don't have to cross anything over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back