Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA using active inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlee

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
active inductor

i'm planning design a LNA using 0.35u CMOS technology. The LNA will operate around 2.4GHz and the inductor will implement using active inductor.

The LNA is proposed to operate at various frequency around 2.4GHz (tuning can be done using active inductor).

Is that possible to design such that LNA? Any other references? Please give me your opinion...

active inductor lna

chunlee said:
i'm planning design a LNA using 0.35u CMOS technology. The LNA will operate around 2.4GHz and the inductor will implement using active inductor.

The LNA is proposed to operate at various frequency around 2.4GHz (tuning can be done using active inductor).

Is that possible to design such that LNA? Any other references? Please give me your opinion...

A CMOS low noise amplifier at 2.4 GHz with active inductor load
Pascht, A.; Fischer, J.; Berroth, M.;
Silicon Monolithic Integrated Circuits in RF Systems, 2001. Digest of Papers. 2001 Topical Meeting on
12-14 Sept. 2001 Page(s):1 - 5

Monolithic narrow-band filter using ultrahigh-Q tunable active inductors
Lucyszyn, S.; Robertson, I.D.;
Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 42, Issue 12, Dec 1994 Page(s):2617 - 2622

Programmable low noise amplifier with active-inductor load
Zhuo, W.; de Gyvez, J.P.; Sanchez-Sinencio, E.;
Circuits and Systems, 1998. ISCAS '98. Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Symposium on
Volume 4, 31 May-3 June 1998 Page(s):365 - 368 vol.4

RF bandpass filter design based on CMOS active inductors
Yue Wu; Xiaohui Ding; Ismail, M.; Olsson, H.;
Circuits and Systems II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on [see also Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, IEEE Transactions on]
Volume 50, Issue 12, Dec. 2003 Page(s):942 - 949

active inductor design pdf

hi kokabanga,

Monolithic narrow-band filter using ultrahigh-Q tunable active inductors
Lucyszyn, S.; Robertson, I.D.;
Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on
Volume 42, Issue 12, Dec 1994 Page(s):2617 - 2622

You have the paper above? I can't find it through internet. Can you email for me or upload here? Thanks.

My email: lerchunlee@yahoo.co.uk

What's the meaning of active inductor? Can anybody explain? It's on chip?or It's value can change? Thank you

hi liujs_825,

Active inductor is the inductor that construct using MOSFET only (in CMOS process). Active inductor normally has the high-Q compare with passive inductor, such as spiral inductor. However it still has some drawbacks, such as poor linearity and power consumption.

Active inductor is fully integrated inductor and its value can be change with a certain range. (change the bias current or voltage of some specified transistor)

Status
Not open for further replies.