Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to avoid the warning:"One or more port lines were lost due to geometry modificati

Status
Not open for further replies.

folkerlee

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to avoid the warning:"One or more port lines were lost due to geometry modificati

When I use hfss, I create a unit that consists of a microstrip transmission line and port block, and then I duplicate it for another seven units. Each unit is set with a port line that is in the middle of the MTL like P1. But when I changed the width of MTL for optimization, the warning came up and the optimization stopped. It is strange that only the units that are duplicated have the warning but the unit I first create doesn't. That means, only one port line is kept and the other seven port lines are lost after the modification.I set the eight ports with the same way. I can't understand and my teacher hasn't met this situation before.I would be appreciate if someone can answer me.Thanks a lot.
P1.png

Re: How to avoid the warning:"One or more port lines were lost due to geometry modifi

Welcome folkerlee,

I'm not terribly surprised to hear that the port integration lines are reset on a geometrical change.

I would ask if you actually need these lines in the first place? If you're doing a driven modal simulation, and solving for all of the transmission-line modes, then you shouldn't need the lines (they are optional).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back