Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bottom up synthesis using dc compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngleA

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am new to synthesis. I am working on dc compiler. I am trying to do bottom up synthesis .
I have 5 modules, addr, muxsel, counter_dec, counter_inc and top module.
what i know is that, we have to compile all modules individually and then top level.
The design is very basic, just to learn the bottom up approach. The script I have written is shown in the images. The script is not complete. I have some questions:
1. Do i need to store the netlist of all modules?
2. Do i have to compile the top level? if yes how?
3. How to write reports in file? like report_timing, are etc
4. what is characterize command do? when too use this command.
5. And how to debug?

Please help with this.
thanks

Capture.PNG
ghhj1.PNG

1) Yes, you need to write out the ddc or verilog version of each of the submodules that you have compiled.
2) The top level will be a verilog file that instantiates the submodules. The submodule IO will either come from other submodule pins or top level IO pins, this is design dependent
3) Issue the report command and redirect it to an output file: report_xxx > ./filename

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back