Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2N2907 Transistor Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynix

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day!
I have associate degree semiconductor diode current supply circuit victimization 2N2907 transistors ( It's applications is here: **broken link removed** ) driven from a 595 register that may supply 35mA. this may provide ME 350mA of drive, however i would like a lot of like 940mA. can a P-channel MOSFET do this? i would like individual transistors, SMT is okay. I may support less then 940mA, however 350mA is just too very little. Please suggest a semiconductor device replacement that may provide ME a lot of drive. as an alternative suggest a awfully cheap replacement that may provide ME seven lines of ~940mA ( only 1 one used at a time ) switchable from logic levels ( +-35mA goop ).

Thanks!

Hi,

you tell a lot about 2N2907, but it seems you don´t want to use it anymore.

and then there are a lot of currents: 35mA, 350mA 940mA...where I assume that the 940mA are your desired load current.
But no information about the circuit, and no information about drive voltage and load voltage....is there a capacitor that needs to be charged or an inductor involved...

So how can we help?

can a P-channel MOSFET do this?
Besides the 940mA we don´t know any requirement.

So my answer is: Yes. There are a lot of P-ch MOSFETS that can drive 940mA of load.

Thus my recommendation:
*First decide your requirements.
* then go to a MOSFET manufacturer or MOSFET distributor internet page and use their interactive selection guide to find a suitable MOSFET.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.