Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB external hard drive remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPamela

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi rescuer people!
Help me find a solution :bang:.... I need to connect to an external hard drive that is in another city. From the other side, they will connect it to the laptop, how can I read it and take information from it?

You posted in the "Digital Design and Embedded Programming" section so is this a custom device you are talking about or do you want a data transfer over the internet from one computer to another?

Brian.

Hello, Brain.
Sorry if I wrote the wrong way! I saw in this section about the network. Yes, you understood correctly, I need a data transfer from one computer to another.

Probably the easiest method then is to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Just run a suitable FTP client at both ends and enable file sharing if needed. Most FTP programs will show two two file windows, one for each end of the link and you can just drag and drop files between them to transfer between computers. I suggest "Filezilla" which is free and works on several platforms, I use it to transfer files to and from web servers all the time.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.