Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laplace from a frequency dependent expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticEB

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
laplace from frequency dependant expression

Hi, i have this expression representing a frequency dependant power loss:
a=0.6265
b=2.24
c=1.41
Bpk=0.3 Kgauss
f=frequency

Ploss=a*Bpk^b*f^c

is it possible to obtain a laplace transform of Ploss (transfer function of s)?

Let me know

Re: laplace from frequency dependant expression

Laplace transforms are for linear functions. Your exponential function is not linear.

Ratch

Re: laplace from frequency dependant expression

As long as your function meets Dirichlet conditions and is majorized by an exponential function, it has a Laplace transform.

However, usually we are transforming time-domain functions to s-domain (which is a generalization of frequency to a complex surface), so frankly speaking I don't understand why you would like to transform frequency-dependent function into s-domain. Especially, while supposing the time domain primary function has a right-sided complex Fourier representation, and this representation is in fact your function, the s-domain representation would be the same with s instead of f.

What would be the physical meaning of Laplace transform of frequency-dependent power loss function?

You didn't observe the hint by Ratch. The magnitude term B^c is nonlinear and has no inverse Laplace transformation, except for the trivial case c=1. Even then I don't see a particular physical meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back