Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPU of Video Player halts when with LVDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

morykeys

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
I have designed a PCB which plays videos and shows pictures from USB flash.
Output videos are 3 which are a 50-pin FPC connector, a 60-pin FPC connector and a LVDS output (2*10 pin header).
when I connect FPC connectors to the board output, everything works properly. sound is good and video is fine as well.
But when I receive my video output from LVDS connector, It works for almost 7 or 8 hours and then CPU halts and video gets disrupted.
I have attached two pictures of my PCB

The link to the pictures
https://imgur.com/a/PLvMFss

Cro28qq.png

CD3lrpo.png

any help would be greatly appreciated.

best regards

The problem is obviously that one layer is red and the other is blue.

How do you expect anyone to solve your problem by looking at a picture of your pcb? If I sent you a picture of my car, do you think you could diagnose the engine problem????

But seriously, your problem is probably heat related.

The problem is obviously that one layer is red and the other is blue.

How do you expect anyone to solve your problem by looking at a picture of your pcb? If I sent you a picture of my car, do you think you could diagnose the engine problem????

But seriously, your problem is probably heat related.

If It's problem related then it should be solved when I put a heatsink on CPU which I do but it halts anyway.
Not to mention CPU doesn't get hot when I use heatsink.

How do you know your CPU halted? Have you looked at signals with a scope? Reset? Clock? I assume there are more components on your board than a CPU; maybe one of THEM overheats? Maybe you've got a timing issue; those type of things may take hours to show up. Maybe you're getting a static surge. Or a power line glitch.

I can sit here all day and make wild guesses, but you need to do more digging.

Another possibility is a buffer over/under flow problem, those usually show up after you run stuff like this for extended periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.