Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access WIFI from GSM 800 for NodeMCU 8266

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.PI

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my project, I used NodeCU8266, for the internet purpose I need to connect WIFI with ESP8266. However, I don't have WIFI, but I have a GSM800 module. So with the help of GSM800 how can I connect the internet to the NodeMCU8266?

If you mean the NodeMCU8266 is to become your WiFi access point, set it up in station mode. Then configure the GSM800 to connect to your mobile network and cross-link the TX and RX interfaces of the two devices. The two devices can not talk to each other wirelessly. Do not expect high speed access, the maximum you will achieve depends on the speed of your mobile network and the serial link speed between the devices.

Brian.

Not Like that sir, I need to configure the GSM 800 as a Access point. After Configuring GSM800 as a Access point My NodeMCU Access the internet via GSM800 is it possible Sir, Kindly advice this !!!!

Not possible I'm afraid.
GSM800 is a modem to the mobile phone network, it does not have any Wifi capability.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.