Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the input impedance of this RLC circuit by ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmne

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TIM截图20181017232940.png
I want to get the input impedance which look in form port 1 at different frequencies, but I can only get the results that close to zero, I think this is due to the capacitance, but I don't know how to simulate in a right way.
I will be very grateful if you can help me!:):)

I don't know how to simulate in a right way.

Rather than simulating, are you able to calculate the reactance of a capacitor? If yes, you must know that it is 1/(2.pi.f.C) and that given the above values, it makes all capacitors to have an impedance value below unity, therefore virtually shorting the central node to ground. Moreover, the above capacitance values do not appear realistic for the simulated frequency, at least in a resonant circuit.

Thank you very much for your answer!
This is indeed the case. The S11 curve obtained by the circuit simulation is not normal. If I don't understand it correctly, my capacitor is not the right size. So if you need to build a normal resonant circuit, how much capacitor do I need?
Thank you again for your help!:):)

How to simulate the input impedance of this RLC circuit

I would expect to see all them in series or parallel with minor variants (ie. added parasitics), or at least the components representing the ones selected for the fundamental frequency. Why don't you first specify what you need?

The S11 curve obtained by the circuit simulation is not normal. If I don't understand it correctly, my capacitor is not the right size. So if you need to build a normal resonant circuit, how much capacitor do I need?
What is "normal" S11? Of the course the circuit impedance can be simulated.

To get a useful S11 plot, you may want to reduce the capacitor values by a factor of 1e-4.

s11.PNG

My capacitor is too big, so I didn't notice the troughs in the S11 because it is at a very small frequence,
Now I reduce my cap to pF and I get the S11 at 4.25MHz.
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back