Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silvaco TCAD Issue | Cannot read file : Result too large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalaby

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dear fellows,
I am now starting to learn SIlvaco TCAD to perform solar cell simulation and quantum dot solar cell simulation.
But since I installed it, it does not run my programs, it only runs the examples that are pre-loaded in the deckbuild itself.
So I tried to just copy-paste the example's lines into another file and running it but it gives me the below error:
ERROR : Cannot read file 'solarex01_0.log' : Result too large.
ERROR : Initialization has not been performed.
Knowing that it is the same as the example's code, so the contents of the log file should be (and are) the same.
What I noticed is that everytime I open preferences of the deckbuild it shows me the below error:
Capture.JPG
which I guess is the reason for the error.
Can anyone help me ?
I have seen a similar thread https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?358614-Moved-showing-error-log-file-too-large-in-silvaco-tcad-atlas but no one answered him since 2 years. I hope I get better luck.
Thanks in advance.

"Silvaco TCAD Installation" should be where the (Atlas? or the
new fancy one?) TCAD is really installed. Evidently you also are
mixing / and \ in the directory path, perhaps with kooky results.
Try finding the true installation path and making the substitution
(or pull the install files from Silvaco and install them clean and
then re-set-up license service).

Preferences might include things like memory allocation limits?

That's the installation directory for the Silvaco TCAD software.
The wrong slash \ must have been inserted by mistake in the error message. I tried to change the directory to another one but the same error message still existed, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it in another section but still the same error.
And I didnt find any memory reallocation limit-related setting actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back